Countdown to the New Year! Certainly, after the last couple of years, parents are ready to celebrate the new year in a big way! Or just get together with a few friends to toast to a wonderful new year. If you’re going out, what’s that going to cost you? What are the New Year’s Eve babysitting rates this year? Do sitters expect a NYE babysitting tip too?
We asked hundreds of sitters across the United States to see if they plan to work on New Year’s Eve, if they’ve already booked a job, what their New Year’s Eve sitter rate will be, do they expect NYE perks and more…
The Highlights of New Year’s Eve Babysitting Rates
- The majority of sitters, 76%, either have a job or are hoping to book at NYE babysitting job.
- Sitters plan to ask for a premium this year, with 80% charging 1.5 to more than 2x their normal hourly babysitting rate. In addition, 57% expect a NYE babysitting tip on top of their hourly rate – making going out on NYE a pricey occasion.
- 24% of New Year’s Eve babysitters do expect transportation to/from the babysitting job, whereas the majority, 76%, do not.
- Dinner is split about evenly, with 45% expecting dinner and 55% not expecting it.
Covid’s Impact on NYE Babysitting
- When asked if the sitter would work for a family that doesn’t plan to get vaccinated, 42% said they would not work with an unvaccinated family, whereas 37% yes they would, and 21% were on the fence.
Key Reasons a Sitter would not Decline a New Year’s Eve Babysitting Job
- More money, higher hourly wage, tips
- Working for a family they enjoy
- Close to home
- Feeling appreciated for giving up their New Year’s Eve so the parents can go out
- Being valued
- Extra incentives, such as transportation, extra pay and dinner
- No extra perks needed – they simply love being a babysitter, regardless of it being a holiday
UrbanSitter Guides to New Year’s Eve Babystting Rates – Past Editions
Looking for babysitter gift ideas for the holidays? Check out our Ultimate Babysitter Gift Guide & Nanny Bonus