Countdown to the New Year! Certainly, after the last couple of years, parents are ready to celebrate the new year in a big way! Or just get together with a few friends to toast to a wonderful new year. If you’re going out, what’s that going to cost you? What are the New Year’s Eve babysitting rates this year? Do sitters expect a NYE babysitting tip too?
We asked hundreds of sitters across the United States to see if they plan to work on New Year’s Eve, if they’ve already booked a job, what their New Year’s Eve sitter rate will be, do they expect NYE perks and more…
The Highlights of New Year’s Eve Babysitting Rates
- The majority of sitters, 76%, either have a job or are hoping to book at NYE babysitting job.
- Sitters plan to ask for a premium this year, with 80% charging 1.5 to more than 2x their normal hourly babysitting rate. In addition, 57% expect a NYE babysitting tip on top of their hourly rate – making going out on NYE a pricey occasion.
- 24% of New Year’s Eve babysitters do expect transportation to/from the babysitting job, whereas the majority, 76%, do not.
- Dinner is split about evenly, with 45% expecting dinner and 55% not expecting it.
Covid’s Impact on NYE Babysitting
- When asked if the sitter would work for a family that doesn’t plan to get vaccinated, 42% said they would not work with an unvaccinated family, whereas 37% yes they would, and 21% were on the fence.
Key Reasons a Sitter would not Decline a New Year’s Eve Babysitting Job
- More money, higher hourly wage, tips
- Working for a family they enjoy
- Close to home
- Feeling appreciated for giving up their New Year’s Eve so the parents can go out
- Being valued
- Extra incentives, such as transportation, extra pay and dinner
- No extra perks needed – they simply love being a babysitter, regardless of it being a holiday
UrbanSitter Guides to New Year’s Eve Babystting Rates – Past Editions
2019 New Year’s Eve Babysitting Rates
2018 Holiday Tipping New Year’s Eve Babysitting Rates
2017 Holiday Tipping Guide New Year’s Eve Babysitting Rates
2016 Holiday Tipping Gifting New Year’s Eve Babysitter & Nanny Bonuses
2015 4th Annual Holiday Gifting & Tipping Survey on Babysitter and Nanny Bonuses
2014 3rd Annual Holiday Gifting Survey on Babysitter Gifts and Nanny Bonuses
2013 2nd Annual Holiday Gifting Survey on Babysitter Gifts and Nanny Bonuses
Looking for babysitter gift ideas for the holidays? Check out our Ultimate Babysitter Gift Guide & Nanny Bonus