This year, we surveyed families and babysitters from across the country to get the inside scoop on Christmas tipping and gifting! Want to know the best practices for tipping your nanny or find out which gifts your babysitter would like to receive? Curious about how parents decide to tip childcare providers for the holidays or what you can likely expect to receive for the holidays as a babysitter? Read on to find out the answers to these questions and more!
- Most parents say that they tip their babysitters during the holidays.
- 37% of babysitters and nannies say that they do expect a holiday tip.
- 50% of parents say they expect to travel with their family during the holiday season.
- Most parents are willing to pay 1.5 times the normal rate to book a sitter on New Year’s Eve, while 53% of sitters aim to charge 2 times their normal rate during New Year’s Eve.
- Some common New Year’s Resolutions for parents and sitters include losing weight and getting more exercise and spending more time with the kids!