These childcare resource articles help parents navigate the often intimidating process of selecting, interviewing, hiring, and maintaining great relationships with a caregiver such as a babysitter or nanny.
- Budgeting for a Babysitter or Nanny
- Average Babysitting Rates & Nanny Pay by City
- Choosing Between a Nanny, Daycare or Au Pair
- Is an Au Pair The Right Childcare Solution for You?
- Studies Reveal the Pros and Cons of Daycare
- Making the Most of Maternity Leave
- Going Back to Work After Maternity Leave
- Transitioning Your Baby to a Caregiver
- Preparing for Your First Babysitter
- Preparing Kids for a New Caregiver
- Parents Guide to Taxes
Finding a babysitter, nanny or childcare:
- What should I Look for in a Babysitter?
- Interview Questions to Ask a Babysitter
- Babysitter Interview: Deep Dive
- [VIDEO] How to Interview a Babysitter
- When You Need Last-Minute Childcare Help
- Which Babysitter is Right for My Family?
- Type of Childcare Jobs
- Vetting A Caregiver
- Conducting Reference Checks
- Tips for a Creating and Managing a Successful Nanny Share
Working with babysitters and nannies:
- Bringing the Babysitter or Nanny into the Family
- Preparing Your Babysitter for an Emergency
- When Your Babysitter is Responsible for Driving Your Kids
- How to Evaluate and Monitor Your Babysitter or Nanny
- How to Have Difficult Conversations with Your Babysitter
- Reminders for the Babysitter printable form