These child care resources for parents help parents navigate the often intimidating process of selecting, interviewing, hiring, and maintaining great relationships with a caregiver such as a babysitter or nanny.
Child Care Planning
- Budgeting for a Babysitter or Nanny
- Average Babysitting Rates & Nanny Pay by City
- Choosing Between a Nanny, Daycare or Au Pair
- Is an Au Pair The Right Childcare Solution for You?
- Studies Reveal the Pros and Cons of Daycare
- Making the Most of Maternity Leave
- Going Back to Work After Maternity Leave
- Transitioning Your Baby to a Caregiver
- Preparing for Your First Babysitter
- Preparing Kids for a New Caregiver
- Parents Guide to Taxes
Finding a babysitter, nanny or child care
Finding a babysitter, nanny, or other child care provider can be hard but here are some great resources to walk you through the interview and vetting process.
- What should I Look for in a Babysitter?
- Top 14 Interview Questions to Ask a Babysitter
- Complete List of Babysitting Interview Questions
- [VIDEO] How to Interview a Babysitter
- Nanny Interview Questions: A Guide for Parents
- When You Need Last-Minute Childcare Help
- Which Babysitter is Right for My Family?
- Type of Childcare Jobs
- Vetting A Caregiver
- Conducting Reference Checks
- Tips for a Creating and Managing a Successful Nanny Share
- When You Need Back-Up Child Care
Working with babysitters and nannies
When working with babysitters and nannies, you want the relationship to go as smoothly as possible. Here are some child care resources for parents looking to foster a healthy, positive relationship with their caregiver.
- Bringing the Babysitter or Nanny into the Family
- Preparing Your Babysitter for an Emergency
- When Your Babysitter is Responsible for Driving Your Kids
- How to Evaluate and Monitor Your Babysitter or Nanny
- How to Have Difficult Conversations with Your Babysitter
- Download a Free, Printable Babysitting Checklist