How much do you pay your babysitter? UrbanSitter surveyed and compiled data from more than 10,000 families across the nation to determine average hourly rates for babysitters, nannies, and mother’s helpers. And, we asked a few fun facts about how families like to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- San Francisco tops the charts with the most expensive babysitter rates in the country: $15.93 per hour for one child.
- A third of all parents surveyed hire a babysitter at least once a week.
- When it comes to tipping babysitters, most parents “round up.”
- 62% of parents surveyed spend $20,000 or more annually on a nanny.
- What matters most when hiring a babysitter? The number one answer was a reference from a friend.
- Nearly 50% of moms just want to sleep in on Mother’s Day