With tax season almost upon us, we know that lots of our sitters are working on filing their income taxes for their UrbanSitter earnings. Becuase UrbanSitter is a platform for parents and sitters to connect, we are not an agency and do not employ sitters. As a result, we do not provide W2s or 1099s to sitters. That’s why we’ve put together this handy list of resources that you can use to help make filing your taxes as easy as possible!
How do taxes work?
- How Income Taxes Work
- A Beginner’s Guide to America’s Tax System
- What Are Income Tax Rates
- Understanding How Income Taxes Work
How do I know what taxes I owe?
- The IRS provides a lot of helpful information on taxes .
- There are also lots of online nanny tax calculators and similar resources.
Where can I find my UrbanSitter earnings?
You can find a complete history of all payments received through UrbanSitter on your Account >> Transactions page.
How do I file my taxes?
- File your taxes online directly through the IRS.
- Find a financial advisor or tax lawyer who can help you file your taxes (usually for a fee).
- You can always consider using a do-it-yourself service, like TurboTax, as well.
Where can I get tax help or advice?
- The Internal Revenue Service
- The Tax Foundation
- H&R Block
- Credit Karma
- Find a local financial advisor or other tax professional.
Will I receive a tax form from UrbanSitter?
UrbanSitter does not provide tax forms for babysitters or parents registered on our website. When using www.urbansitter.com, babysitters are independent contractors and not employees of UrbanSitter.
If you need to know your earnings for the previous year, you can find a complete history of all payments received through UrbanSitter on your Account >> Transactions page.
Where can I find more information on taxes?
Are there resources that can be used throughout the year to make filing taxes easier?
Yes! If you’re a full-time nanny or babysit for the same family on a regular basis throughout the year, services like Paychex, The Nanny Tax Company, Intuit, or Square Payroll can help keep track of your earnings and taxes paid.
Disclaimer: UrbanSitter’s presentation of the resources in this blog post is not in any way an endorsement or tax advice. Taxes and tax advice are complicated by nature, and you should be sure to do your own due diligence when preparing for the upcoming tax season. UrbanSitter is not responsible for any tax or other advice provided by any entity, nor is UrbanSitter responsible for filing or assisting in the filing of taxes for parents, babysitters, and/or nannies registered on www.urbansitter.com.